9. December 2019
With 2019 — the centennial of the Bauhaus — coming to a close, Google Arts & Culture, in collaboration with Bauhaus Dessau, has released Bauhaus Everywhere, a collection of articles, videos, and virtual tours on the influential design school.
One could spend hours exploring the multimedia extravaganza that is Bauhaus Everywhere. It's loaded with content on the Bauhaus's varied teachings and influences (the "traces of a design school on everyday life"): architecture, art, fashion, furniture design, graphic design, photography, and textiles. A taste of its architectural offerings:
A handful of highlights:
- A thorough tour of Walter Gropius's famed Bauhaus building in Dessau.
- A 3D model and other images of Carl Fieger's Rundhaus
- A virtual tour of 10 Bauhaus-inspired buildings beyond Germany
- 10 things to know about Bauhaus founder Walter Gropius
- Bauhaus Dessau director Claudia Perren's favorite pieces from the school